Thursday, March 09, 2006

How to Motivate Yourself Right Out of the Game

Whenever I go to the supermarket, I swing by the magazine rack and check out Home Office Magazine and Entrepreneur and others. "Research," I tell myself, picking them up when they look like something might be of interest. Every morning and every night I read my RSS feeds. I'd say a good 25% of them are all about entrepreneurship, startup companies, running a business, and generally advice and motivation.

I also have to kids, another on the way, and maybe if I'm lucky I have about 10 hours a week to myself where I could actually turn my ideas into products. Every minute I spend reading is a minute spent not producing anything.

There's a time to do research, and there's a time to admit that all you're really doing is stalling because you don't want to tackle the hard stuff.

Even by writing this post, all I'm really doing is stalling. What is it they say, the first step is admitting the problem? :) Maybe the next time you see me I'll have a prototype working.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: