Thursday, March 09, 2006

Simon Willison's A (Re)-Introduction to JavaScript slideshow on Flickr

I really need to get back into the Javascript game. It's where all the cool development is happening now as people begin to push more for higher quality client-side interface development. It's actually in a funny spot right now that gives you a clue about how the market works -- if you advertise for a programmer and say that you want somebody with Javascript experience, the software engineers will think "Eh, probably all GUI front end webmastery stuff. Not for me." But if you advertise for someone with Ajax experience, then all the bleeding edge web2.0 geek wannabes will come out of the woodwork. (Don't get me wrong -- I want to be one of those web2.0 bleeding edge geeks, too. I'm just observing that if I saw a job offer that focused Javascript experience required I'd probably pass right by it.)

Simon Willison's A (Re)-Introduction to JavaScript slideshow on Flickr


Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: