Friday, May 18, 2007

How To Do Clouds In Photoshop

This post appears to have been removed, the link is broken. I don't know why. Sorry about that.

http://www.impulze.net/v3/portfolio/9/22/

I'm not much of a Photoshop user (the Gimp is the closest I come), but I am a fan of watching clouds.  I've always wanted some software that would generate random clouds for me, something I could use as wallpaper.  I like meditating by finding interesting scenes in them (and I'm not just talking about "hey that one looks like a dog"). 

So I was pleased to find this tutorial specifically on creating "realistic" clouds.  When I get some free time I'm going to see if all the techniques work in the Gimp.  Hey, does somebody want to script something up for me that regularly regenerates a file of clouds that I can attach to my desktop? :)

 

Technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

steveo said...

Your old coworker Anton left to join SoundSpectrum to do music visualization. They just released a product called SoftSkies that is realistic clouds generated to your move with your music.

http://www.soundspectrum.com/softskies/

Duane said...

Nice! Do you know if they've got any sort of standalone version? The download page speaks only of plugins for music playsers. I don't really need or want the visualization aspect, since I don't listen to music, strictly spoken word.

steveo said...

Their platnum version has the feature you want --
Standalone: visualize CDs, internet radio, auxiliary inputs, microphone, etc.